Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established for similar vacancies within the BC Timber Sales Kamloops Business Area.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The bid prices received from auctioned timber support the Market Pricing System (MPS) in setting stumpage rates for coastal and interior operating areas of the province. The costs incurred by BCTS also provide data for the Tenure Obligation Adjustments, contributing to another integral part of the MPS.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the MPS through auctions of public timber. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal.
- Sell the full BCTS allowable apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices and sustainable forest management.
- Generate net direct revenue and indirect provincial government revenue over the business cycle.
- Pursue continuous business improvement within BCTS, across government, and with third party partners and customers.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website
The Business Manager oversees the delivery of a diverse range of financial management, human and physical resources and administrative services ensuring the appropriate resources, policy practices and controls are in place. The Business Manager is responsible for establishing priorities, allocating resources and resolving issues affecting the BA. The position is responsible for implementing business practices reflective of the private sector to provide benchmark information for provincial timber pricing.
Kamloops is surrounded by over one hundred lakes as well as the North and South Thompson rivers. Water-based activities are very popular, such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, tubing, skiing, snowmobiling, and ice-fishing. Kamloops has a very strong First Nations culture, and hosts a Pow-Wow every year.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a ทดลอง เล่น ฟรี sbobetdiverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens.? Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, requirements and qualifications, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Steven.Webb@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirements as outlined below:
- University or college degree in accounting, business administration, public administration, or commerce, and three years (gained within the last five years) of directly related experience in a financial or accounting role.
- An equivalent education and experience such as a diploma in accounting, business administration, public administration, or commerce, or unrelated degree or diploma and five years (gained within the last seven) of experience related to financial or accounting role.
- Experience developing, managing and delivering programs or services related to financial or administrative services, strategic business planning, and procurement.
- Experience in business planning, contract administration, budget management, risk management and internal financial controls.
- Experience in program administration including allocating resources, leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
- ?Professional accounting designation preferred (CPA).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.?
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required:? NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “SKIP” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.? Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.