Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is confirmed to address delegates at 4:15 pm on Tuesday, December 4. Other agenda highlights (note agenda times are approximate, full agenda is on the AFN website):
Day 1 – Tuesday December 4, 2018
- 8:30 a.m. – Grand Entry
- 9 a.m. – AFN National Chief Perry Bellegarde Opening Address.
- 9:30 a.m. – Honouring of Veteran Louis Oakes and the late Chief St-Denis of Wolf Lake First Nation.
- 11 a.m. – Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations.
- 1:15 p.m. – Discussion on Rights Recognition.
- 4:15 p.m. – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Day 2 – Wednesday December 5, 2018
- 8:45 a.m. – Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Indigenous Services Canada.
- Northern Affairs and Internal Trade.
- 10 a.m. – Updates and Discussion on: Bill C-262, Carbon tax, Cannabis
- 1:30 p.m. – Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change.
- 3:45 p.m. – Honourable Patricia Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour.
Day 3 – Thursday December 6, 2018
- 9:30 a.m. – Updates and Discussion on: Policing, Federal Elections.
- 10 a.m. – Elizabeth May, Green Party Leader.
- 10:30 a.m. – Jagmeet Singh, New Democratic Party Leader.
- 11 a.m. –? Andrew Scheer, CPC, Leader of the Official Opposition.
- 11:45 a.m. – Chief Rudy Turtle, Grassy Narrows First Nation.
- 4 p.m. – Updates and Discussion on: Moose Hide Campaign, Indigenomics.
- 4:30 p.m. – National Chief Perry Bellegarde Closing Remarks.
During the SCA, First Nation leaders and delegates will discuss Education, Fisheries, Health, the Environment, Economic Partnerships, Early Learning and Child Care, Rights Recognition, Housing, Policing, Cannabis, federal legislation and other priorities.
The provisional agenda and updates are available on the AFN website at www.afn.ca.
The main plenary of the SCA will be webcast on the AFN website at www.afn.ca.
Media accreditation is required and media are encouraged to register in advance through the contacts listed below.
The Assembly of First Nations is the national organization representing First Nation citizens in Canada.? Follow the #AFNSCA on Twitter @AFN_Updates.
For further information: Monica Poirier, Bilingual Communications Officer, 613-292-0857 (Cell), firstname.lastname@example.org; Jenna Young Castro, Senior Communications Advisor, 613-314-8157 (cell), email@example.com